Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mommy's Little Crack

Ok, before you think this is about mommies who wear their pants on the ground, simmer down!

I just had the best cup of hot chocolate and what I like to refer to as, Mommy's Little Crack. Every day I need chocolate in some form or another or life for those around me will be very unpleasant.

I bought Trader Joe's Simmering Hot Chocolate (actually for my husband's Christmas stocking, but whatever). This delightful treasure comes in a tin in powdered form. I followed the directions on the box and to the milk, added a dash of cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper. I know the pepper part sounds freaky but just go with me here. Have you seen the movie Chocolat with Juliet Binoche? Well, that is what got me hooked on the cayenne part. It adds a nice zing to the semi-sweet chocolate and really hits every part of your palette. I then topped it with whipped cream and had a really nice moment to myself.

Pants, not on the ground but Mommy sure did enjoy her little crack today.

www.traderjoes.com

No comments: